The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer Trilogy)

The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin Find more of my reviews at www.readingangel.comThe Evolution of Mara Dyer was the crazy head-trip I expected it to be and so much more! The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was one of my favorite books last year, so I couldn't wait to read it's sequel. Evolution made the mind boggling madness of Unbecoming seem sane!Mara is not even sure what is going on with herself anymore. Bless this poor girl's heart, but the whole book she either thinks she is insane, that she's being stalked, or that she has some kind of power. Problem is, I don't know which it is the whole time either, or if it's any of them!! Her family won't believe what she does see, and she only has Noah to turn to.Noah, oh Noah. Still so devastatingly charming and sexy. The witty banter between the two of them that I loved so much from book one is the main thing I missed in Evolution. I understand that their relationship was in a very different stage, but I really missed it. There were times I was sure that Noah was just the enabler to Mara's delusions and others that he was her only saving grace!At times I think things tried to be a little too confusing. There were flashbacks to the past of her grandmother, and some of them just never made any sense or added to the story for me. There, of course, were several things still left completely unexplained that I'm sure will be played out in later books, but I just feel like there are too many questions or confusions for me. That's why I had to give it a 4 star.Overall, I still loved getting my mind blown by Michelle Hodkin! The Evolution of Mara Dyer was a great mystery that left me guessing all the way through, and completely shocked with every twist. If you like mysteries and thrillers give this series a shot!