Undeadly

Undeadly (Harlequin Teen) - Michele Vail Find more of my reviews at http://www.readingangel.com As a fan of Michele Bardsley's adult novels, I was really hoping to enjoy Undeadly, which is written under her pen name, Michele Vail. Unfortunately that just didn't happen for me. While there were a few parts that I did enjoy, and kept me reading until the end of the book, the bad did end up outweighing the good.I really did enjoy the unique way Michele Vail used mythology in Undeadly. While I have read books on reapers before, it all felt so different and fresh, with the different parts of the soul having different reapers, as well and the war between Anubis and Seth. I also really enjoyed which family member Molly was living with. Since this is revealed a little ways in to the story I don't want to spoil it, so I won't give away the dynamic, but I really wish we could have seem more of that relationship.One of my biggest problems with Undeadly was that I could not connect with Molly AT ALL. I thought I would pluck out my eyeballs if I had to read the word "whatevs" one more time. There was also a great group of side character friends that are introduced later in the book (you know, the required scooby gang for any boarding school setting). Unfortunately, while they were the only characters I liked, they were not well developed at all so you only get teased with what could be interesting characters. Like a carrot dangled just out of reach.Then we have the solutions to problems that don't make sense like -Her boyfriend is so sick that he passes out for no apparent reason, so she sends him on a jet home with her zombie-like-slave, then assumes that fixes him!And this is just one of these instances. Undeadly was a mythology book that had great potential but fail flat for me. This is one series I don't think I will be continuing.