Ashen Winter (Ashfall (Trilogy - Hardcover))

Ashen Winter - Mike Mullin Find more of my reviews at www.readingangel.comAfter the terrifying events of Ashfall I wasn't sure what other horrible things Mike Mullin could possibly put poor Alex and Darla through. I was afraid that Ashen Winter would suffer that terrible second book syndrome. Once I started reading it did not take me long to discover that Mike Mullin had a vast array of horrible situations for Alex and Darla to go through and that the second book syndrome I was worried about was never going to happen.Ashen Winter is a long book. It's hefty. It's big, and heavy, and you could probably knock someone out with it if you were in a pinch for a weapon like the characters in this book often are. The thing is that I never felt like I wanted the story to be any shorter. I didn't want it to end! I needed more of Alex, and I for sure need more of Darla!! I have a major girl crush on Darla. I love that Darla is the kind of girl who shows Alex how to fix things, and grow things, and just takes charge. They are a great team together, but Darla is one amazing chick to have around in a crisis! I can't tell you much about the goings-on of the plot because I don't want to spoil anything, but it was just as heart-pounding and crazy as Ashfall!Ashen Winter is an amazing sequel to one of my all time favorite post-apocalyptic books. It is gruesome and terrifying. Full of cannibals, military rogues, food shortages, human trafficking, and more. I loved every single cringe and can't wait for book 3 to give me even more! If you are a lover of horror or post-apocalyptic, and you don't have a weak stomach then start this series ASAP!