Clarity (Clarity Series #1)

Clarity - Kim Harrington Clarity is great mystery that kept me on the edge of my seat, guessing, until the satisfying end. It's a modern book, full of psychics and teenage crushes, but it really had the feel of the old true mysteries. A great blend of imagination, well-rounded characters, and an intriguing storyline.Clare and her family are freaks. Her brother, mother, and herself do psychic readings in the parlor of their home for a living, but while they glam it up, it's not a hat trick. Clare's ex, who always believed in her ability, shows up asking Clare to use her gift to help solve the murder of a tourist. Clare agrees, but since she can't control her powers, she feels like she isn't being much of a help. But, it won't be long until Clare's gift becomes the only thing that might save her and solve the string of murders happening in her tourist town. I really enjoyed all of the characters in this book. Clare was smart and funny. She was a strong girl that knew who she was and didn't try to pretend to be something else just to please others. There are also great love interests, a unique and funny family, and an interesting cast of side characters. I loved that Clare had such a close relationship with her mother and brother. I enjoy seeing a family dynamic where they have their problems, but they are still close and still rely on each other.The story had a great flow to it. I never hit a spot in the book where I thought the story was dragging. The mystery was revealed at a steady pace and I was never able to guess the surprise ending. I enjoyed every part of this book, but I think I enjoyed getting to read a real mystery book in the YA genre the most.This is Kim Harrington's debut novel, but I never would have guessed it. She writes like a seasoned vet, and I will definitely be picking up anything this author puts out! I hope you all go out and get yourselves a copy, I'm sure you will all love it as well.