Wanted

Wanted - Heidi Ayarbe Find more of my reviews at www.readingangel.comI read somewhere on the publishers website that Wanted was like a modern day Robin Hood and Bonnie and Clyde. As soon as I saw that I knew I was going to have to read it as soon as I possibly could. Let me just say, they did not get it wrong. Michal (aka Mike) and Josh definitely form their own two-person Robin Hood team stealing from the rich and giving to the needy, and when that all goes bad it escalates in to one final ride that would make Bonnie and Clyde proud!I absolutely adored Wanted. While the first 50 pages or so started a little slow, I still enjoyed them. Once Mike and Josh joined forces the book really took off and I was swept away into this story of two kids who were trying to make a difference and feel alive.The love story was very endearing and sweet. It was all so new to Michal and she felt like she was never really deserving, but watching her take a chance had my own heart racing right along with hers. Josh was incredibly charming and funny and I just loved him!Wanted is a whirlwind of gangs, bookies, violence, discrimination, love, loss, and redemption that kept me flipping the pages at lightning speed to see what would happen next. With an ending that left me slamming the book closed and shock all over my face, Wanted is a hard-hitting, emotional contemporary that you don't want to miss!